Oh bride ! May your heart be mine and may my heart be yours. Marriages makes a seamless relationship between husband and wife. Hindu marriage makes not only the relationship between a man and a woman but it creates a bonding between families as well as healthy progeny which creates a strong nation.
Bride and groom take oath of togetherness in the presence of Lord Vishnu and all the guardians of both the sides pas well as friend and relatives, which are :-
(1) Together we be each other‘s companion in pilgrimage, religious observance and celebration of sacriﬁcial oblation.
(2) Together we offer clariﬁed butter as oblation t0 the divine entities.
(3) Together we maintain the responsibility of social relationship with the relatives and friends as well as we nurturing the herbivorous animals.
(4) Together we maintain the responsibility of income expense as well as the taking care of the edible commodities like rice grain etc.
(5) Together we will visit the temple and as well as in the garden. Also we face the adverse incidents
(6) Together we will take the decision for sale and purchase of anything and be blessed with loving
(7) Together we will become true companion in a life ﬁlled with understanding loyalty and love.
“Saptapadi Gaman” or Seven steps together
* In the ﬁrst step -— Lord Vishnu takes you with me for acquisition of rice.
* In the second step — Lord Vishnu takes you with me for achieving strength.
* In the third step — Lord Vishnu takes you with me to perform religious customs.
* In the fourth step — Lord Vishnu takes you with me to achieve healthy life.
* In the ﬁfth step — Lord Vishnu takes you with me for the welfare of animals.
* In the sixth step — Lord Vishnu takes you with me for the achievement of prosperity.
* In the seventh step -— Lord Vishnu takes you with me for the oblation for the holy ﬁre.
One thought on “Hindu Marriage Mantra Meaning in English”